Monday, November 23, 2009

That's My Name, Don't Wear It Out!


Working at a zoo, kennel and vet clinic has opened my eyes to a wide variety of names for pets. Anything from a chocolate lab named Denzel Washington, to a boa constrictor names Rocky Balboa...get it...BalBOA? (I found it clever) But the award for best name has to go to a dog named Scrotum Chinfuk. You can't make this stuff up people.

I have a wide variety of pets, all with a reason why i gave it that name.

1) Mortimur- Turtle. Mortimur is a cool, funky name which I thought was appropriate since turtles are cool and funky.

2) Monty- Hermit Crab. Monty seems like an old's man name, and hermit crabs remind me a lot of sluggish old men who just sit there and don't do much.

3) Megatron and Optimus Prime- Fish. These two fish are constantly battling so I thought those names would be fitting. Plus, they are white but one has a little black spot which makes him evil...obvi.

4) Bisslle and Oreck- Sucker Fish. These guys act as vacuums for my fish tank so why not name them after vacuums?

5) SOH, CAH and TOA- Shrimp. I couldn't think of anything else that came in three's...thanks trigonometry.

6) Boris Jangles- Mouse. This is the newest edition to my family. He's small and cute, so i have him a small and cute name. And why Jangles you ask? Well if you're a fan of The Green Mile you should know...if not...watch it!

7) Nemo- Cat. My sister named Nemo, and i had no objection to it. What is cooler then naming a cat after a famous fish? Oh the irony.

So there you have it people, you can name your pets based on a variety of things.

PS- For your sake, and the sake of everyone else...PLEASE don't name your pet something cliche; like snowball, fluffy, precious or angel...you will be judged.

4 comments:

  1. Bisslle and Oreck are quite clever names!
    But that Nemo might seem all sweet and nice but really scares the crap out of me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #5: you smarty pants!! hahah.

    PS: not excited to meet Boris Jangles...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna name my pet some huge WOP name .....like GianCarlo, or Massimo...make lulu beable to pronounce it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your next pet should have an Italian name! Love your Mama!

    ReplyDelete